Community Recognition Awards
Virtual New Year’s Levee & Community Recognition Awards
How to join by Zoom:
- Register using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwoceytpzIqHNyv2RFA3LjS0Anb7a_aQlJP.
- Shortly after you register, you will receive an email with the subject "Community Recognition Awards and New Years' Levee Confirmation."
- On January 30th, 15 minutes before the event begins, click the "Join Meeting" button or the link in the email to join.
How to join by Telephone:
- Dial +1 647-558-0588 on January 30th at 2 pm.
- When asked for the meeting ID, enter 885-6559-9068 and press pound (#).
- You may hear another prompt saying, "Enter your participation ID otherwise just press pound," just press pound (#).
- You will now be in the meeting, you will be able to hear the conversation, but you will be unable to see anyone on video.
- If you call a few minutes ahead of the 2 pm start time, please stay on the line as you will automatically be placed on hold until the meeting starts.
Do you know someone who makes a difference in our community?
My Community Recognition Awards recognize and thank individuals and groups who are doing just that.
Nominations for the 2021 Community Recognition Awards are now open!
I encourage you to nominate your colleagues, volunteers, friends or neighbours.
This is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate what people are doing to help others and to make our community in Etobicoke Centre even better.
Nominations are invited by December 15, 2021, in categories for:
- COVID Heroes;
- Outstanding volunteer service to the community;
- Outstanding volunteer service to seniors;
- Outstanding volunteer service to the community by youth;
- Outstanding service by professional staff, employers or employees.
HOW TO NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR A 2021 COMMUNITY RECOGNITION AWARD
Nominating someone is simple!
There are two ways to do so:
- Filling out this ‘Google Form’ by December 15, 2021; or
- Sending a letter of nomination by mail (see below for mailing address) or email ([email protected]) to my office by December 15, 2021, that:
- Identifies the award category for which the person is being nominated (see categories above);
- Summarizes, in 300 words or less, the nominee’s service to Etobicoke Centre and the reasons why that individual or group should receive the award;
- Includes the mailing address (including postal code), phone number, and email address of both the nominator and the nominee.
- For the category Outstanding service by professional staff, employers or employees, please also include the mailing address (including postal code), phone number, and email address of the place of work.
Please note, nominees must live, volunteer, or work in Etobicoke Centre.
Supporting documents are welcome and may include letters or emails from organizations, colleagues or friends, articles from newspapers, or an organization’s newsletter.
If you have any questions on nominating someone, please call my office at 416-249-7322 or email us at [email protected]
The awards will be presented at my virtual New Year’s Levee & Community Recognition Awards ceremony on January 30th, 2022.